Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Well, That Was Helpful Information

So, I've been playing this zombie third person shooter I got for free way back when playstation gave out a small selection of free games as part of their apology for getting hacked and shit.  I don't have anything better to play at the moment, and, for some reason, I'm growing a bit tired of playing Dragon Age Origins over again.  So, I decided to give this thing a try, but I set it on the easy mode "braindead" instead of the regular "undead" mode, because, hey, I usually don't play either shooters or action games, being more of an strategy/turn based rpg preferring person in general.  And, it's been tolerable, even though it makes me squint to see things even on my bigger tv (a combo of issues with the game's visibility and my shit vision, but, hey, medicaid stops paying for glasses after 21, so there's no hope on the latter front).  Well, while it was loading, the game too the liberty of informing that "Real men play on undead mode".  To which I thought "well, then for us non-"real men", can we play on any mode we like?", also, in rolling my eyes at its presumed maleness of the player, I recalled that I am playing as the female PC.  This game assumed I was a gender insecure man even while I was playing as the female character.  Way to go on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment