Monday, February 27, 2012

Loose Weight and Organs!

Since I am somewhat random, welcome to my first substantive post, here it goes:


So, I am listed as female on my yahoo details (public profiles allow not listing a binary gender, but registration did not), so it gives me gendered ads based on that.  So, I see one of those fatphobic weightloss ads where a fat person shrinks into a thin person on the side while I'm checking my email.  As I watch it she shrinks from fat to medium to thin to…organless.  I did not manage to get a screengrab of the beginning stage of the animation, but this was the end result:



Wasp waisted and organless, a literally impossible beauty standard.

Of course, maybe I am wrong, given the history of unsafe diet drugs, I suppose having all of your abdominal organs and some of your bones melt and warp is conceivable…

1 comment:

  1. I really hate the ads where people shrink :( They're maddening :\

    ReplyDelete